Hike Nova Scotia’s schedule of 2019 courses and workshops across the province is now available. From June to October and from one end of the province to the other, they range from how to share nature with children to how to be a hike leader to navigation.
“As a hiking organization, we want to see people have fun and stay safe and that’s what these courses are all about,” says Janet Barlow, Hike NS Executive Director. “Hiking and interest in outdoor activity is growing and these courses ensure both novice and experienced hikers have the skills they need for a great time on the trail.”
The specific offerings include:
- Re-Connecting with Nature Workshops
- Field Leader – Hiking Courses
- Navigation Maps & Compass Courses
- Re-Connecting with Nature Workshop: This is a one-day, hands-on workshop held mostly outdoors to improve your ability to lead and share an appreciation and understanding of nature with children and youth.
- Field Leader – Hiking Course: A two-day course with a systematic approach to planning and managing a one-day hiking activity.
- Navigation Maps & Compass Course: A two-day course with a comprehensive introduction to navigation using maps and compass.
- Dates, locations and costs vary, depending upon the course or workshop.
- Learn more and view the schedules and details at www.hikenovascotia.ca/courses-workshops.
- Partners include the Outdoor Council of Canada and the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage.
- Hike Nova Scotia encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout our great province. We strive to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe. With every step we’re building a community of outdoor adventure enthusiasts.
For more information on these events or Hike Nova Scotia contact: