Take a pause this Fall and enjoy yourself in the outdoors by participating in a guided walk in your area.
“Fall is a perfect time to experience nature in our beautiful province. Whether you are a seasoned hiker or someone who enjoys less strenuous outings, our walk series has you covered,” says Janet Barlow, Hike Nova Scotia Executive Director.
“These past 18 months have shown us more than ever how much getting outdoors and being with others is essential to our physical, mental and social health. It’s so simple and it works! “
Date: September 12 to November 14, 2021
Registration: Registration in advance is required for all walks. The full schedule with registration details and directions is found at www.hikenovascotia.ca. Walks are listed by date and region. Walks are listed by month or region (Halifax, South Shore, Valley, Highland and Cape Breton).
- Hike NS and 13 host organizations have partnered to offer the Fall Guided Walk Series from September to November.
- There are 28 hikes scheduled province-wide.
- Hikes are led by local folks and participants qualify to win trail prizes.
- These free or low-cost walks require pre-registration and will follow public health protocols.
- The series includes walks of various lengths and difficulty levels.
- Hike NS thanks its local partners for organizing the hikes on the ground as well as The Trail Shop, Goose Lane Editions and the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage for their support.
- Hike NS encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout the province, striving to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe.
Find photos on Facebook or Instagram or use some of the photos on this page.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Instagram
For more information on these events or Hike Nova Scotia contact:
Janet Barlow, Hike Nova Scotia