If concerns over how to get back to fall routines during a pandemic is causing you stress, relax. Hike Nova Scotia has you covered with a series of guided hikes to get you outside to decompress.
“If ever there was a time to get out and enjoy the healing effects of nature, that time is now,” says Janet Barlow, Hike NS Executive Director. “With the pressure we’re all under after six months of living under pandemic restrictions, it’s important to breathe fresh air, get some physical activity and slow our minds down.”
Barlow says hiking is just what we could use right now and autumn is one of the best times to do it. “There are few to no bugs, it’s starting to cool off a bit and the fall colours are a real tonic.”
Date: September 12 to November 7, 2020
Registration: Registration in advance is required for all hikes. The full schedule with registration details and directions is found at www.hikenovascotia.ca. Hikes are listed by date and region. Hikes are listed by month or region (Halifax, South Shore, Valley, Fundy, Highland and Cape Breton).
- Hike NS and 17 host organizations have partnered to offer the Fall Guided Hike Series from September to November.
- There are over 30 hikes scheduled province-wide.
- Hikes are led by local folks and participants qualify to win trail prizes.
- These free hikes require pre-registration and will follow public health protocols, including social distancing.
- The series includes hikes of various lengths and difficulty levels.
- Hike NS thanks its local partners for organizing the hikes on the ground as well as MEC, Goose Lane Editions and the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage for their support.
- Hike NS encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout the province, striving to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe.
For more information on these events or Hike Nova Scotia contact: