Hike Nova Scotia’s fall schedule of courses and webinars across the province is now available. They focus on skills for novices all the way up to experienced hikers.
“We’re excited to be able to offer our in-person courses again, while respecting public health pandemic restrictions,” says Janet Barlow, Hike NS Executive Director. “But we’re also offering a suite of online webinars so that most people can learn, no matter where they are.”
In-person courses include:
- Field Leader – Hiking: Sept. 19-20 or Nov. 14-15
- Navigation Maps & Compass: Sept. 26-27 or Oct. 24-25
- Field Leader – Winter: date to be announced
- Intro to Hiking: Sept. 23, Oct. 20 or Nov. 18
- Leave No Trace: Oct. 6
- Tick Prevention: Sept. 15
- Wildlife Encounters & Safety: date to be announced
- Dates, locations and costs vary, depending upon the course or webinar.
- Learn more and register at www.hikenovascotia.ca.
- COVID-19 public health guidelines will be followed for in-person courses, which include indoor and outdoor sessions.
- Partners include the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage, the Outdoor Council of Canada, Leave No Trace Canada, the District of Chester, AtlanTick Repellent Products and the NS Department of Lands and Forestry Natural Resources Education Centre.
- Hike Nova Scotia encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout our great province. We strive to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe. With every step we’re building a community of outdoor adventure enthusiasts.