How do you introduce people to hiking in the middle of a pandemic? In an age where in-person workshops aren’t allowed and group hikes a no-go, Hike Nova Scotia came up with a solution: go virtual with an Intro to Hiking webinar.
“Now that Nova Scotians are allowed back into parks and on the trails we figured there would be interest since people were so thirsty to get back outside,” says Janet Barlow, Executive Director of Hike NS and the webinar presenter. “The webinar is our way of engaging people who want to start hiking or hike more but want some basic knowledge to stay safe and have a good experience.”
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 7 pm
Cost: $20 (free for Hike NS paid members), non-members receive a free one-year individual membership
Registration Deadline: May 27 (webinar spaces are limited)
Registration Link: Learn more and register at www.hikenovascotia.ca
- This “taster” session covers how to prepare for a hike and hiking best practices.
- It includes information you need before you leave, what to bring and wear, self-care and hiking etiquette.
- The one-and-a-half hour webinar also includes a half-hour question and answer session.
- Hike NS thanks the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage for its support.
- Hike NS encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout the province, striving to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe.
For more information on these events or Hike Nova Scotia contact: