Fall is arguably the most beautiful time to hike in Nova Scotia. Hike Nova Scotia and 14 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2016 Fall Guided Hike Series in September, October and November. There are 21 hikes led by local folks and participants qualify to win “trail prizes.” Most hikes are free unless otherwise indicated in the schedule.
“There are hikes in different parts of the province, of varying lengths and difficulty levels,” says Janet Barlow, Hike NS Executive Director. “So there’s really something for everyone, whether you’re a seasoned hiker or a newbie.”
- Hike Nova Scotia and 14 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2016 Fall Guided Hike series.
- There are 21 hikes led by local folks.
- The series runs from September 10 to November 5.
- Most hikes are free unless otherwise indicated in the schedule.
- Hikes take place in areas across mainland Nova Scotia. For hikes in Cape Breton, see the Hike the Highlands Festival line up at www.hikethehighlands.com.
- The full list of events – including hike dates, times, registration details and directions – is found at www.hikenovascotia.ca. Hikes are listed by date or by region: Halifax, South Shore, Valley, Fundy.
- Participants qualify to win “trail prizes.”
- The hikes are meant to help get more people outside and active on our trails.
- Hike NS thanks its partners for organizing the hikes on the ground, Goose Lane Editions for its prize donations and the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage for its support.
- Hike NS encourages and promotes hiking, walking and snowshoeing throughout Nova Scotia.
- Membership in Hike NS means keeping up-to-date on the latest hiking news and having a say in its many projects.
- Hike NS is supported by the Province of Nova Scotia.
Janet Barlow, Hike Nova Scotia