Fall in Nova Scotia often entices people to get out and enjoy the brisk air and beautiful colours. They can do so by taking part in the Fall Guided Hike Series. Hike Nova Scotia and 17 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2015 Fall Guided Hike series in September, October and November. There are 36 hikes led by local folks and participants qualify to win “trail prizes.”
“The hikes this year are offered clear across the province and highlight many and varied trails,” says Janet Barlow, Communications Coordinator with Hike NS. “Whether you’re up for an easy stroll on a rail trail or a more challenging hike, there’s likely a guided hike somewhere near you this fall.”
- Hike Nova Scotia and 17 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2015 Fall Guided Hike series.
- There are 36 hikes led by local folks.
- The series runs from September 12 to November 14
- Most hikes are free unless otherwise indicated in the schedule.
- Hikes take place in areas across Nova Scotia including: District of Chester, District of Lunenburg, Digby County, Annapolis County, West Hants, Colchester County, Antigonish County, Victoria County, Inverness County, Halifax Regional Municipality
- The full list of events – including hike dates, times, registration details and directions – is found at www.hikenovascotia.ca.
- Participants qualify to win “trail prizes.”
- The hikes are meant to help get more people outside and active on our trails.
- Hike NS thanks its partners for organizing the hikes on the ground as well as the NS Trails Federation and the NS Department of Health and Wellness for their support.
- Hike Nova Scotia encourages and promotes hiking, walking and snowshoeing throughout Nova Scotia.
- Membership in Hike NS means keeping up-to-date on the latest hiking news and having a say in its many projects.
- Hike NS is supported by the Province of Nova Scotia.
Find photos on our Facebook page or use some of the photos on this page.
Janet Barlow, Hike Nova Scotia