If there’s snow this winter, expect to see lots of people on snowshoes. Hike Nova Scotia and 16 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2015 Winter Guided Snowshoe Hike series in January, February and March. There are 35 snowshoe hikes led by local folks and participants qualify to win “trail prizes.”
“There’s just something about snowshoeing that brings people out,” says Janet Barlow, Communications Coordinator with Hike Nova Scotia. “Last year, we had about 500 people attended 27 hikes. We have even more hikes scheduled this year and expect even more people to turn out.”
- Hike Nova Scotia and 16 host organizations across the province have partnered up to offer the 2015 Winter Guided Snowshoe Hike series.
- There are 35 snowshoe hikes led by local folks.
- The series runs from January 10 to March 14.
- Hikes include the following areas: South Shore, Annapolis Valley, Colchester County, Pictou County, Cape Breton and Halifax Regional Municipality.
- The full list of events – including hike dates, times, registration details and directions – is found at www.hikenovascotia.ca.
- Participants qualify to win “trail prizes.”
- The hikes are meant to help get more people outside in winter and active on our trails.
- Hike NS thanks its partners for organizing the hikes on the ground as well as the NS Trails Federation and the NS Department of Health and Wellness for their support.
- Hike Nova Scotia encourages and promotes hiking, walking and snowshoeing throughout Nova Scotia.
- Membership in Hike NS means keeping up-to-date on the latest hiking news and having a say in its many projects.
- Hike NS is supported by the Province of Nova Scotia.
Janet Barlow, Hike Nova Scotia