August 15, 2014 Deadline
Once again, Hike NS invites groups across NS to partner with it on delivering fall guided hikes in September and October of 2014. The purpose of the events is to:
- Get more people in NS hiking
- Highlight local trails and increase their use
- Promote Hike NS and local trail groups
If you and your local organization can organize a fall guided hike, please register your event here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PSBLHGB by August 15, 2014.
Local Event Organizer Role:
- Schedule, organize and lead the guided hike
- Be responsible for participant safety and risk management
- Introduce Hike NS and your organization to participants before the hike
- Pass out information Hike NS provides to participants
- Following the hike, do a prize draw and give away trail prize(s)
Hike Nova Scotia Role:
- Take a lead on provincial media relations/publicity for promoting the guided hikes across the province (PSAs and news release), but please publicize your event to your own membership and local networks
- Provide Hike NS pamphlets, speaking notes and other info
- Provide an info guide on organizing your hike
- Provide “trail prizes” – hiking related gear – to give away in a draw to participants
- Note that Hike NS may not be able to have a representative attend your event(s) due to the large number of events and a lack of human resources.
Please register your guided snowshoe hike using our online form here by no later than August 15, 2013.